We have a diverse group of parishioners at Trinity. Ages range from infancy up, with a wide representation in most groups. Many of our members are drawn from the Northwestern State University faculty and staff, while others are newcomers to town or members of families who have been here for generations. We take full advantage of the flexibility of the Book of Common Prayer, varying our selection of rites and prayers within those rites depending on the season of the church year.
Our music is a source of great pleasure to us. We have an excellent organist and a small, enthusiastic choir which employs the talents of both church members and Northwestern State University music students. Children are most emphatically welcomed at our services; as a courtesy to parents we do offer nursery care during both our services. And, like most Episcopal churches, we have a coffee hour following the service, as well as pancake breakfasts and potluck luncheons several times a year.
Trinity is a wonderful venue to hold your special events such as weddings and family reunions. Stop by, check us out and reserve your date!
- Stations of the Cross–April 14, 6:00 PM
- Healing Service– April 17, 6:00 PM
- Maundy Thursday–April 18, 6:00 PM
- Prayer Vigil– April 18, 7:00 PM to April 19, 7:00 AM
- Way of the Cross Walk at Mt Olivet (Alexandria)–April 19, Noon
- Good Friday– April 19, 6:00 PM
- Easter Vigil–April 20, 6:00 PM
- Easter Sunday– April 21, 10:30 AM
- Egg Hunt–April 21, After Holy Eucharist